Who We Are?
The Internet Society supports and promotes the development of the Internet as a global technical infrastructure, a resource to enrich people’s lives, and a force for good in society.
Our work aligns with our goals for the Internet to be open, globally-connected, secure, and trustworthy. We seek collaboration with all who share these goals
Together, we focus on:
- Building and supporting the communities that make the Internet work.
- Advancing the development and application of Internet infrastructure, technologies, and open standards.
- Advocating for policy that is consistent with our view of the Internet.
- Facilitate open development of standards, protocols, administration, and the technical infrastructure of the Internet.
- Support education in Kenya specifically, and wherever the need exists.
- Promote professional development and build community to foster participation and leadership in areas important to the evolution of the Internet.
- Provide reliable information about the Internet.
- Provide forums for discussion of issues that affect Internet evolution, development and use in technical, commercial, societal, and other contexts.
- Foster an environment for international cooperation, community, and a culture that enables self-governance to work.
- Serve as a focal point for cooperative efforts to promote the Internet as a positive tool to benefit all people throughout Kenya.
- Provide management and coordination for on-strategy initiatives and outreach efforts in humanitarian, educational, societal, and other contexts.